A vitamin D deficiency has just been linked to dementia Here’s howto boost your intake of the sunshine vitamin.
Try taking a vitamin D oral spray such as BetterYou DLux 1000 (£795for 15ml; betteryou.com), as a study shows your body absorbs the vitamin better this way than in a pill.
Add fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna and trout), egg yolks, fortified cereal and milk, liver, mushrooms, tofu and pork to your shopping list. All these foods are high in vitamin D.
Expose your bare skin (no sunscreen) to sunlight (ultravioletB rays) for 15-20 minutes a day. Book a sunny winter break as UK sun is not strong enough to work in winter.
3 WAYS TO UP YOUR VITAMIN D Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- How To Live A More Action Packed Life
- What to Eats When You Training
- Healthy Food Swaps, Changing Your Lifestyle And Shaping Up
- What sort of run training should I do before my first Olympic-distance triathlon?
- Activate Your Body’S Youth-Boosting Powers With A New, Cutting-Edge Nutrition Plan