For the rolls
6 Slices unsmoked back bacon
2 Large eggs
5 Tbsp Clarified butter or ghee
3 Tbsp Raw natural honey 2.5 cups Almond flour 0.5 tsp Sea salt
0.5 tsp Baking soda
3 tsp Cinnamon
0.5 tsp Vanilla extract
For the icing
4 Tbsp Coconut butter
4 Tbsp Coconut milk
– Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and add the bacon slices to cook for a few minutes. They don’t need to be crispy, just cooked through.
– Meanwhile, begin making the dough by cracking the eggs into a mixing bowl and adding 4 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of the honey. Mix until well combined.
– Add the almond flour, baking soda and salt to the bowl and mix again to combine until you have dough like consistency.
– Turn out the dough onto a large piece of baking parchment on top of a baking tray and place another piece of baking parchment on top of the dough. Use a rolling pin or bottle to roll the dough into a flat rectangle in the baking tray.
– Combine the remaining Tbsp of butter and 2 Tbsp honey into a small bowl and mix with a fork, then spread the mixture evenly over the rectangle of dough.
– Remove the cooked bacon from the oven and place evenly across the rectangle of dough. Use the parchment paper to roll the sheet from the edges into a circular roll.
– Use a sharp knife the cut the roll crossways into 6 pieces and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
– Meanwhile, make the icing by combining the coconut milk and coconut butter in small bowl. Remove the rolls from the oven and drizzle with the icing to serve.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Icing Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER