3 tbsp olive oil
200g back bacon, chopped
1 red onion, sliced
600g brussels sprouts, blanched & halved 100g pecan nuts, roughly chopped 40g dried cranberries 100g blue cheese, crumbled Salt & white pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry bacon for 10 minutes until golden and crispy.
2. Add onion and fry until soft, then add sprouts, nuts and cranberries. Season with a little salt and white pepper. Cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until the sprouts are golden.
3. To serve: Transfer to a serving bowl; top with blue cheese and serve warm.
Bacon-sauteed brussels sprouts Photo Gallery
It can be very isolating spending your days alone in your room. However, great friendships can be formed with other women who are living under similar conditions. During my stay on antenatal, our group bonded over food. In my first week, I helped organize a pizza party in the common room. Another mom and I went room-to-room inviting moms to the supper. We had ten moms join us for pizza. Some of these moms had not previously left their rooms or talked to other patients. Many were isolated and feeling very alone, staying hours away from their homes. The first pizza night, which evolved into a weekly tradition of avoiding Salisbury steak, started some amazing friendships that continue today. Although we all came from different backgrounds and communities and were a wide range of ages, we bonded over our shared experiences.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER
- Benefits Of: CASHEW APPLE
- Benefits Of: ANDEAN AMARANTH KIWICHA