This is a great low-carb, banting-style option for your Christmas spread.
8-10 x 180g rainbow trout fillets 2 lemons, thinly sliced 4g large sprigs fresh dill Extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE SAUCE
2 cups dry white wine or fish stock Zest of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed 100g butter
1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped Salt & milled black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place each fillet skin side down onto a large square of greaseproof paper.
3. Top each fillet with a few slices of lemon and a sprig of dill.
4. Wrap the fish in the paper, ensuring you close all the edges to completely seal it in.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before opening and serving.
6. To make the sauce: Place the wine (or stock), lemon zest and garlic in a saucepan and boil until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and dill. Season to taste and pour into a serving jug.
7. To serve: Arrange the fish on serving plates or a platter and serve warm, drizzled with the warm sauce.
Baked trout with a white wine, lemon & dill butter sauce Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER