1 lb. mashed bean curd 1 lb- minced shrimp
6 egg whites 1 tsp. sherry
1 tsp. minced scallion and ginger
1 oz. cornstarch dissolved in water
2 oz. flour
2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 oz. sesame oil
A few bean sprouts
4 tbsp. tomato paste
Salt, and ground Sichuan pepper
1. Add minced shrimp, 4 egg whites, salt, sherry, scallion and ginger and 2 tbsp. cornstarch to mashed bean curd. Mix thoroughly. Spread the mixture onto an oil coated plate. Steam over a medium flame for 20 minutes. Cut into strips 1/2 inch by 2 inches.
2. Mix 2 egg whites with cornstarch. Coat the bean curd strips with flour and the prepared paste above. Fry the strips in hot oil over a medium flame until crisp and golden yellow outside and transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with sesame oil.
3. Scald the bean sprouts in boiling water. Arrange on the rim of the plate. Serve. Dip the bean curd into ground Sichuan pepper salt, Worcestershire sauce or tomato paste while eating as you prefer.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER