Depending on what cut of beef you choose, this meat can be a healthy option in your menu. Lean beef is just as lean as chicken, and it provides you with vitamin B 12 and minerals like zinc and iron. Still, you should avoid heavily marbled beef, and I don’t recommend you to eat beef every day.
Spicy Braised Beef
Time: 90 mins Number of servings: 4 Point value per serving: 5
Two pounds chopped into 3-inch pieces eye of round beef, without fat Four cloves garlic Half of medium onion Juice of one lime.
Two tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce
One tbsp ground oregano
One tbsp ground cumin
One cup water
Two tsp kosher salt
Three bay leaves
One tsp olive oil
Pinch of ground cloves
Black pepper to taste
• Season the beef with salt and pepper. Pour oil into your Instant Pot, place meat and select “Saute” function. Cook meat until it’s browned.
• Blend lime juice, onion, garlic, water, chipotle, oregano, and cloves in your blender.
• Pour that blended mixture into the pot and mix bay leaves. Select “Manual” function to cook on high pressure for one hour.
• Use natural pressure release method.
• Remove the meat from the pot then shred it. And mix this shredded beef with cooking liquid.
• Serve and enjoy!
Beef Diet Recipes Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER