This classic, comforting sherry trifle has been in our family for generations, and is a festive staple on our Christmas table.
200g good quality raspberry jam
2 x 200g packets sponge finger biscuits (we used Boudoir biscuits)
1 cup sherry
1 fresh custard, preferably homemade
2 x 400g cans peach slices in juice, drained
400g fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh cream, whipped to soft peaks
1. Spread a thin layer of jam on both sides of each sponge finger and arrange on the bottom and around the sides of a serving dish.
2. Drizzle half the sherry over the biscuits and pour 11/4 cups of custard over the bottom layer of biscuits. Top with a layer of peaches and raspberries.
3. Add another layer of biscuits and a drizzle of sherry, followed by more custard. Repeat the process until the dish is full.
4. Top with cream and a few raspberries, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to chill for at least
4 hours before serving.
5. To serve: Serve in bowls with a sprig of mint or a few extra berries.
Boozy raspberry & peach trifle Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER