1 cup unbleached flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon paprika Coarsely ground black pepper to taste 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup grated cheese (Parmesan, Romano,
or cheddar in combination)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon heavy cream for glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 12$0Y.
2. Mix the flour together with the salt, paprika, and pepper. With a pastry cutter or the steel knife of a food processor, cut in the butter and the grated cheese until mealy. Stir in the 2 tablespoons heavy cream. When you have a smooth dough, chill it for about an hour. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut into strips 1/2 inch by 11/2 inches. Brush with the 1/2 tablespoon cream and arrange on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until puflv and a little brown.
Curried Herb Cheese Dip Serve this sour, pungent dip with crackers, chips, or raw vegetables.
Makes 1 cup
1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 cup ricotta cheese 1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon ground white pepper Pinch of cayenne 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
In a small bowl cream the sour cream and ricotta together thoroughly. Mix in the lemon juice, parsley, basil, mustard, paprika, and peppers. Roast the cumin seeds in a dry, hot iron pan until just turning light brown, then grind finely and add to the cheese mixture. Spoon into a serving bowl, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours to set the flavors.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER