Serves 2 to 4
2 whole chicken breasts
2 zucchini, sliced
1 whole celery root, shredded
1 large leek, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 parsley roots, sliced
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 cup of green beans, cut
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 bunch of parsley, chopped (optional) salt and pepper to taste
• Put all ingredients in a pot and cover with water.
• Cook on the stove without bringing to a boil for 40 minutes.
• Take the chicken out of the pot, cut it into small pieces, and place it back into the pot.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chicken Vegetable Medley Soup Photo Gallery
You will have lots of time in the hospital to ask your medical team to better describe your care plan and the tests involved for you as an individual. The descriptions are just a quick overview of what you might expect. I highly recommend highlighting the tests you have questions about and sitting down with your doctor or nurse to discuss each test as it relates to your personal care plan. Be prepared for multiple visits from medical and support staff, especially during the early days of your stay. If you are in a teaching hospital, this will also include visits from residents, increasing the amount of people stopping by your bedside. While some people resent the visits, I enjoyed the new company. I became friends with some of the residents. After all, I saw them daily for a month until they switched rotations. A few came to visit me after my son was born as they had a genuine interest in our outcome. Preparing for daily medical visits is key.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- New Course in Nutrition & Dietetics Coming Soon!
- Recently, I’ve Been Seeing Powdered Versions of Kitchen Staples Like Peanut Butter Fruit Vegetables Even Eggs Are They Just as Nutritious as The Real Deal?
- Should I try The Nordic Diet? Will it Help me Lose Weight?
- I Love Food Sometimes a Bit Too Much! Any Tips To Help Curb Overeating?
- What is The Fodmap Diet?