Preparation Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes,
plus chilling and cooling
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup dried cranberries
½ cup icing sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
melted white or dark
dried orange slices, optional
1. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. In a food processor, pulse cranberries, icing sugar and granulated sugar until cranberries are very finely chopped and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. With mixer on mediumhigh speed, beat cranberry mixture and butter until combined. Beat in orange zest, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat in flour mixture until just combined, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 5cm-diameter log and wrap tightly with clingfilm. Refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 week.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Working with 1 log at a time, cut into 0,5cm-thick slices and arrange on a large baking tray lined with baking paper, spacing about 2,5cm apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat slicing and baking with remaining log.
4. Dip cooled cookies halfway into melted chocolate and decorate with orange slices if desired. Place on a baking tray lined with wax paper. Refrigerate until set. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 4 dozen.
EACH COOKIE About 420kJ, 1g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 5g fat (4g saturated), 50mg sodium.
Lemon-apricot: Replace cranberries with ¾ cup coarsely chopped dried apricots. Use lemon zest instead of orange zest. Cherry-almond: Replace cranberries with ¾ cup dried cherries. Add ½ tsp almond extract along with the vanilla.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER