Diet Stuffed Mushrooms
• 4 to 6 big-sized Portobello Mushrooms
• A pound of spicy Italian pork sausage with casing removed
• 1.5 pounds of grass-fed, ground beef
• 1/2 diced green bell pepper
• 3 stalks of celery, diced
• A teaspoon of paprika
• A diced red onion
• Mushroom stems, diced
• 2 tablespoons of dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
• Sea salt to taste
• Black pepper
• A tablespoon of tarragon
• 1 /4 cup of olive oil
• 1 egg
• 6 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/4 cup of coconut flour
Diet Stuffed Mushrooms Photo Gallery
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Carefully clean mushrooms with a moist paper towel. Soaking can make them soggy.
3. Take off the stems and set them aside and carefully scoop out the feathery inside of the mushrooms with a spoon.
4. Brush olive oil on the outsides of the mushrooms and place them in a big glass baking dish, cap down.
5. Chop up the bell peppers, celery stalks, onions, and mushroom stems.
6. In a large pot, cook the ground beef and sausage until brown. Add the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and celery.
7. Let cook until the veggies are tender.
8. Place the veggie/meat mixture in a blender or food processor and add the herbs, the coconut flour, egg, and the olive oil.
9. Blend until the mixture is finely chopped but NOT mushy, it should still be chunky.
10. Put the mixture into the mushroom caps, filling them completely.
11. Cook the stuffed mushrooms in the preheated oven until bubbly and brown or around 20 minutes.
12. Take out and let cool for a couple minutes. Serve.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Benefits Of: RED SALAK
- Benefits Of: AGAI PALM
- ASIAN PALMYRA PALM TODDY PALM NUNGU PALM
- Benefits Of: BETEL NUT ARECA PALM
- Benefits Of: INDIAN JUJUBE INDIAN PLUM