You probably already know that medium length hair is a hot trend for shorter hairstyles. There are so many ways that you can style your medium-length hair, from the sleek and straight to the curly and messy, with updos being one of them. With some simple tips and tricks, you can give yourself a trendy look in no time!
What is Medium Length Hair?
Medium hair is considered to be between the length of a bob and a long hair. This type of hair can be styled in a variety of ways, making it easy to create updos that look stylish and elegant. Here are a few easy updos for medium length hair that you can try at home:
The Side-Parted Bob: A classic style for medium length hair, the side-parted bob is simply achieved by parting your hair on one side and brushing the hair over to the other side. This style can be made more contemporary by using a side part that’s slightly angled or curved.
The French Braid: A versatile style that can be worn straight or curly, the french braid is easy to create with a few simple steps. Start by dividing your hair into two sections, then twist each section around itself once. Secure the ends with a rubber band or clip, then let your hair down and enjoy the natural waves or curls created by the braid.
Easy Updos For Medium Length Hair Photo Gallery
The Half Updo: A great way to add some height and texture to your medium length hair, the half updo is achieved by putting half of your hair up in a high ponytail, then styling the rest of your hair down to cover the ponytail.The Messy Bun: Combining a bun with a side part, this style is favored by many women who want to show off both textures in their hair. Start by dividing your hair into two sections and separating them into loose locks. Then pull the top section over the side of your head and secure it with a hair band or bobby pin. The rest of your hair should be styled down, then pinned up on either side of your face for a messy bun look that’s easy to recreate at home.
How to Do an Easy Updo with Medium Length Hair
Looking for an easy updo for medium length hair? Here are five easy updos you can try!
1. French braid: Start by braiding your hair into a French braid, then loosen the braid slightly and tuck it behind your ear.
2. Ponytail: Tuck a piece of hair behind your ear and tie it in a loose ponytail.
3. Braided bun: Take a small section of hair at the front of your head and braid it together, then let the rest of your hair down. Make a small bun at the top of the braid.
4. Half up half down: start by pulling some hair up at the back of your head and secure it with an elastic band or clip. Bring another section of hair down to cover the top of the first one, then pins or clips it in place.
5. High bun: Take a large section of hair at the front of your head and twist it around once, making a high bun.
The Look and Trend That’s In Right Now
The medium length hairstyle is definitely in right now, and there are so many ways to rock it! Check out our list of easy updos for medium length hair to get started!
How to Tips and Tricks to Achieve the Looks
If you’re looking for an easy way to add a little oomph to your medium-length hair style, try some of these tips and tricks.
1. Use a volumizing product before styling. This will help to keep your hair volume high while you’re styling it, preventing it from looking limp or flat.
2. Use a strong hold hairspray to keep your style in place. A good hairspray should provide medium-to-high hold without making your hair feel stiff or crunchy.
3. Prettify your hair with accessories. Add a headband for added height and texture, or choose a colorful feather headband for a fun and bold look.
4. Try a new hair style every now and then! Change up your look by using different colors, textures, or styles. It’ll help to keep things interesting and keep your hair looking its best!
If you’re looking for an easy and fuss-free way to up your hair game, check out our roundup of easy updos for medium length hair. From sleek side bun styles to chunky buns, there is a look for everyone in this list! So whether you’re in the mood for something fresh or want to stick with a classic style, these easy updos will have you covered.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Grooming Secrets For Curly To Kinky Hair
- 10 Braided Hairstyles for Girls That Will Make You Look Sophisticated
- Curly Hair Braids: How To Style Your Curls
- 10 Jaw Dropping Long Hairstyles For Round Faces
- How To Do The French Braid Crown