500ml sunflower or canola oil for cooking
FOR THE BATTER
4 eggs 225g flour 300ml milk 1/ tsp salt
Salt & milled black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place a 12-cup muffin pan on top of a large baking tray and fill each cup with 2-3 tbsp oil. Now place the muffin pan in the oven to heat up; it is essential that the oil is piping hot when the batter is added to ensure that the yorkshire puddings are fluffy.
3. To make the batter: Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Season well with salt and pepper and pour the batter into a jug.
4. Carefully remove the muffin pan from the oven (being careful not to spill the hot oil) and fill each cup of the pan with the batter. The batter should sizzle and start to bubble when it touches the oil.
5. Return the pan to the hot oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the yorkshire puddings are a deep golden brown and well risen. The puds should be firm and crisp to the touch.
6. Remove the puddings from the pan and place on paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
7. Repeat the process with any remaining batter.
8. To serve: Serve yorkshire puddings warm with gammon or turkey and gravy.
Fluffy yorkshire puddings Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tear-and-share sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- 4 Best Life Hacks to Eat Better
- THE NO 1 COCKTAIL HOUR CROWD PLEASER?
- Great Tasting Breakfast
- Benefits Of: CUCHINITO, EXPLODING CUCUMBER