Inspired by Gigi Hadid’s boxing Instas? This powerful mix of strength-building punches and feel-good cardio, created by trainer Olivia Amato (@oamato) from Shadowbox gym in New York, hits back against your basic workout.
1. Total Warm-Up WHAT TO DO: Get your heart rate pumping by jumping rope for 3 minutes. For the first minute, jump with feet together, going just high enough off the ground that the rope goes under your soles. For the second minute, jump on one foot, alternating between your right and left every 15 seconds. Return to feet together for the final minute.
2. WORKS YOUR: Abs and arms WHAT TO DO: Begin in fighting stance. Lean back and put weight on your back foot, making sure your abs are engaged. With your lead arm, turn your palm inward, keeping your arm tight to your side and elbow pointed to the ground as you punch up (as if your hand is going through the middle of a cylinder); rock forward to your front foot as you punch. Do 20 reps; repeat on the other side.
3. WORKS YOUR: Butt and arms WHAT TO DO: Leading with your dominant foot, lower into a lunge (knees bent at a 90-degree angle and front knee over your ankle). With your lead arm, punch as if punching around a barrel, keeping your arm positioned between your chest and chin. Return to standing.
Do 20 reps. WORKS YOUR: Arms WHAT TO DO: Begin in fighting stance. With your lead fist, punch (known as a jab); when punching, rotate your fist at the end as if you are pouring a pitcher of water. Return to fighting stance. Punch again with your opposite fist (known as a cross). That’s one rep. Do 20 reps.
4. Jab Cross WORKS YOUR: Legs and arms WHAT TO DO: Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, fists below your chin. Drop down into a squat. (Send hips backward as you bend your knees as if you are about to sit in a chair; make sure your chest and shoulders stay upright.) Throw a jab, then a crossjust like step 4. Return to standing. Do 20 reps.
5. Jab Cross + Squat CARDIO BURST Do one minute of high knees. Stand straight with feet hip-width apart and arms at your sides. Jump from one foot to the other as you lift your knees as high as they can go. CARDIO BURST Do one minute of sit-ups. Lie on your back with knees bent, feet flat. Place your fingertips behind your ears. Engage your core and raise your body up toward your knees; shoulders should be lifted off the floor.
POWER PLAY! Hold two-pound weights (or a can of vegetables) during each of these moves for an extra challenge. ROUND TWO! No one-hit wonders here! Repeat the entire series two more times for a complete workout! 3. Hook + Lunge.
Gigi Hadid Boxing Workout Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Check Out The Latest Exciting Products From The World Of Health And Fitness
- Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium, bareMinerals Cosmetics, Laurent Perrier Champagne, dress by Enzoani
- SAY BONJOUR TO THE DRESS OF YOUR DREAMS
- Refiloe Local İnterview
- Julia Anastasopoulos Interview