Caution: I do not recommend using essential oils in external preparations for infants or children under 3 years old, or pregnant women, without first talking to a qualified aromatherapist or medical herbalist.
HERBAL ESSENTIAL OILS Photo Gallery
Essential oils should be used only for external applications. You can use almond, sunflower or hemp oil as carrier oils and dilute 5-20 drops of essential oil per 50ml of the carrier oil or 50g of the cream base. I generally recommend using essential oils in a bath, varying the amount according to age:
• children between 3 and 4 years old: 1 drop in a bath
• children between 5 and 6 years old: 1-2 drops in a bath
• children between 7 and 12 years old: 2-3 drops in a bath
• children between 13 and 16 years old: 3-4 drops in a bath
• adults: 5 drops in a bath.
Swish the water well to disperse the oil.
Please remember that many components of essential oils are absorbed through the skin, and if the dilution is too strong and too much is absorbed it can cause harm, especially to babies or a developing foetus.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- TOP PROBIOTICS
- Do you love a challenge? We talk to five women who are achieving amazing feats in the great outdoors
- Our Fitness director Lucy Pinto gets a sweat on in the latest gym tops
- Make brightly coloured and flavourful meals that harness the benefits of exotic spices
- Get The Look Sexy Sportswear