Practitioner treatment is recommended for this condition.
The symptoms of gout are swelling of the joint, shiny red skin around the joint and severe pain. The cause is the accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joint, which leads to sudden inflammation. The treatment options below will help to reduce the pain of acute attacks, but to treat recurrent gout you should consult a medical herbalist. Do not put any warming herbs on gout as they can make the inflammation worse.
Home Remedies to Gout Photo Gallery
• For an immediate relief of gout pain use a fresh cabbage leaf poultice: bash a couple of leaves with a rolling pin until some juice appears on the surface or mash the leaves up in a food processor, put the leaves or the mash on a bit of plastic and wrap around the affected joint; keep in place with an elastic bandage. Adults only: apply as many times as you need to achieve pain relief, each time keep the poultice in place for half an hour to an hour.
• Drinking celery seed and nettle tea can help to prevent frequent attacks – see box opposite. tea to help the frequent recurrence of gout
• 50g dry celery seed (for precautions see post 71)
• 50g dry nettle leaf To make
• Mix herbs thoroughly.
• Infuse 2 teaspoons of the mix in a cupful of freshly boiled water for 10 minutes. Strain and drink warm You can add honey to this tea.
Adult dose only: 1 cup a day for many months.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- How to Apply Liquid Lipstick Like a PRO!
- 2019 Hairstyle Trends – The Best Hairstyles for 2019
- Scarlett Johansson’s Skin Care and Makeup Secrets
- Monika Radulovic
- Reese Witherspoon Hairstyles – Haircuts – Hair Colors 2019