Morning sickness is a name for nausea which affects most women during the first three months of pregnancy. Eating something straight away in the morning before getting up can help a lot (a biscuit, sweet or savoury); so will a cup of warm herbal tea (you can make it the previous evening and keep a thermos by your bed). The herbal teas recommended below should be fairly weak: either use tea bags or reduce the normal brewing time to 1-2 minutes if using dry herbs.
Home Remedies to Morning sickness Photo Gallery
Nausea that persists beyond the first three months of pregnancy needs professional attention.
• Drink ginger tea (use a ginger tea bag, a teaspoon of ginger powder or a slice of fresh ginger per cup of water; add lemon and honey if you wish). For precautions see post 52. Adults: 1-3 cups a day.
• Drink chamomile tea (use a chamomile tea bag or a teaspoonful of dry herbs per cup of water). For precautions see post 47. Adults: 1-3 cups a day.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- TOP PROBIOTICS
- Do you love a challenge? We talk to five women who are achieving amazing feats in the great outdoors
- Our Fitness director Lucy Pinto gets a sweat on in the latest gym tops
- Make brightly coloured and flavourful meals that harness the benefits of exotic spices
- Get The Look Sexy Sportswear