The good old hot-water bottle applied to the stomach area can often do the trick, especially if the pain is caused by trapped wind. Persistent and severe pain that will not improve with the measures below needs to be checked by a health professional.
Home Remedies to Stomch Ache Photo Gallery
• Drink peppermint tea (for precautions see post 48). Adults: 1-2 cups a day.
• Drink chamomile tea (for precautions see post 47). Adults: 1-3 cups a day.
• Drink lemon balm tea if the ache is caused by stress or anxiety. Adults: 1-3 cups a day.
• Take some marshmallow root powder or liquorice root powder if the pain has a burning quality (see Heartburn entry on post 62). For precautions see posts 48 and 53.
Children (2-16years old): adjust the adult dose downwards, depending on the age of the child – see post 6.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- TOP PROBIOTICS
- Do you love a challenge? We talk to five women who are achieving amazing feats in the great outdoors
- Our Fitness director Lucy Pinto gets a sweat on in the latest gym tops
- Make brightly coloured and flavourful meals that harness the benefits of exotic spices
- Get The Look Sexy Sportswear