You’ll need a chopping board and a sharp knife.
1. Place the onion on the board. Hold it steady and chop off both ends of the onion, about 1 cm in.
HOW TO CHOP AN ONION Photo Gallery
2. Peel off the brown, papery skin. If the first outer layer of white flesh is dry and tough, peel this off too.
3. Turn the onion onto one of its cut ends and cut it in half. Place each half face down on the board. It’s the fumes from the exposed cut face of the onion that cause our eyes to water, so keeping the cut side facing the board will reduce onion tears.
4. Take half at a time and hold the edges of the onion firmly. Cut it into slices from right to left.
5. Then turn the onion 90 degrees on the board and cut in the same motion again from right to left, giving you neat, regular pieces of onion. The onion can become slippery, so cut any stray lengths individually for an even dice.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Benefits Of: RED SALAK
- Benefits Of: AGAI PALM
- ASIAN PALMYRA PALM TODDY PALM NUNGU PALM
- Benefits Of: BETEL NUT ARECA PALM
- Benefits Of: INDIAN JUJUBE INDIAN PLUM