Here’s a simple, quick recipe to start with, which only requires an onion, a can of tomatoes, chicken stock and thyme.
TOMATO AND THYME SOUP
(Serves two. Prep and cooking time: 15-20 minutes)
HOW TO MAKE SOUP Photo Gallery
1. Peel and finely chop an onion. Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft and transparent.
2. Add a 400 gram can of premium chopped tomatoes, a crumbled chicken stock cube, a splash of water and a pinch of dried thyme.
3. Cook for a further 10 minutes. Cool, before blending by hand or in a blender. Heat again to desired temperature. Season and garnish with a splash of olive oil, swirl of cream or croutons.
• Fresh stock or premium stock cubes give the best results. If you prefer to use vegetable rather than meat stock, add garlic for depth of flavour.
• Use seasonal vegetables for optimum flavour
• Experiment with herbs and spices.
• Thicken soup with potatoes, bread, pasta or more vegetables rather than flour, which is trickier to control and can result in a lumpy texture.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- TROPICAL TASTE IN A POWDER
- Are There Times When it Really İs Too Hot to Exercise Outdoors?
- I Keep Reading That Charcoal Can Help Detox The Body But I’m Skeptical Is There any Science Behind It?
- I Love Food Sometimes a Bit Too Much! Any Tips To Help Curb Overeating?
- Child Magnify De Importance Of Protein