Slimming your face and changing visual perceptions of your facial proportions is as simple as using a strategic base cover. If your face is wide or round, you can mimic a slimmer jawline (or perhaps a little lift!) by contouring with a matte bronzer. Begin under the chin and dust the powder along the bone and up towards the earlobe. Then blend down the neckline to get rid of any tell-tale lines.
Accentuate your cheeks and make them appear higher than they actually are by dusting the apples with Clinique Sculptionary Cheek Contouring Palette, $45, clinique.com.au, working toward the ear and buffing the colour in with a tapered brush such as Artiste Contour Blush Brush Flat Bristles #19, $17.95, priceline.com.au. As well as giving you a lift, it leaves you with a dewy and youthful-looking glow.
Next up, strobing! The idea is to highlight and accentuate the points of your face where light would naturally hit. This gives the illusion of more defined features. Simply dab Benefit Watt’s Up! Highlighter, $54, myer.com.au/benefitto the tops of your cheekbones, your inner brow bone above your brow, the outer brow bone below the tapered end of your brow, the inner corners of your eye, the bridge of your nose, your cupid’s bow and the tip of your chin. Then blend perfectly into the skin.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Activate Your Body’S Youth-Boosting Powers With A New, Cutting-Edge Nutrition Plan
- A Natural and Effective Skincare Range to Protect Your Skin From Stress and Perfect Your Complexion For The Big Day
- Flaunt Your Show Stopping Peepers as You Pose up a Storm
- Skin Care to Prevent Wrinkles, Aging Skin, and Dry Skin
- 5 Top Makeup Trends of 2019 – Biggest Beauty Trends