“Now researchers have extended this study by looking at the effect of antioxidants in trained female runners, says Crowe. “The study, which was published in the European Journal of Sports Science, found that when blood was measured, the markers that indicated oxidative stress were found to actually be higher in those taking the vitamin C.
Though it is not clear why, it is yet more proof that we do not really understand how supplements may work differently to food in our bodies, nor are we really across the many different lifestyle impacts supplements may have on everything from sleep and stress to exercise.
It’s true that Popeye would have needed buckets and buckets of spinach to make him as big and strong as he appeared in the popular cartoon. Here are some supplement amounts and their equivalent in food portions:
OXIDATIVE STRESS DURING AND AFTER A WORKOUT Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- How To Live A More Action Packed Life
- What to Eats When You Training
- Healthy Food Swaps, Changing Your Lifestyle And Shaping Up
- What sort of run training should I do before my first Olympic-distance triathlon?
- Activate Your Body’S Youth-Boosting Powers With A New, Cutting-Edge Nutrition Plan