Moderate consumption of lean pork can be an excellent addition to your healthy diet. Lean pork is high in protein and packed full of B-vitamins, selenium, zinc and phosphorous minerals. Also, you can find in pork a number of healthy bioactive compounds, such as taurine and creatine. On the other hand, overconsumption of pork is certainly a problem.
Chipotle Pork Carnitas
Time: 70 mins Number of servings: 4 Point value per serving: 4
One pound trimmed and boneless pork shoulder blade
Three cut into slivers garlic cloves
Half cup chicken stock
Two bay leaves
One chipotle pepper
One tsp kosher salt
Half tsp cumin
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of dry adobo seasoning
Pinch of dry oregano
Pinch of sazon
Black pepper to taste
• Season pork with salt and pepper. Then brown meat in a large pan on all sides for five minutes using high heat. After that remove meat from pan and set aside to simmer down.
• With a sharp knife, insert the blade into meat about 1-inch deep, and insert garlic slivers. You should do this all over. Then season meat with garlic powder, cumin, adobo, oregano, and sazon.
• Pour chicken stock in your Instant Pot, then add chipotle peppers and stir well.
• Add bay leaves and place pork in your Instant Pot. Seal the pot with the lid, select “Manual” and set a timer for fifty minutes.
• Allow pressure to release naturally. Open lid carefully and shred pork with a couple of forks. Then mix meat with juices. Remove bay leaves and mix well.
• Serve hot and enjoy!