Increased muscle tone essentially means that your muscles are physically tighter when at rest. The visual spinoff is the appearance of better muscle definition, says exercise scientist Johann Ruys (atleta. com.au). Muscles feel firm or tight even when they are not tensed.
Train mo NE
So far, so consonant with imaginings of firm thighs. Introduce the words growthand development, however, and the suggestion changes to images of Tour de France thighs and too-tight jeans – not the more common reality of replacing body fat rather than acquiring muscle in addition to existing mass.
Muscle mass increase is generally associated with an increase in tone, but an increase in tone is not necessarily associated with a major increase in size, Ruys says.
That’s not to say fat loss is a prerequisite or co-requisite for toning. Tone can enhance appearance even in the presence of body fat.
DO YOU REALLY WANT TO TONE? Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- How To Live A More Action Packed Life
- What to Eats When You Training
- Healthy Food Swaps, Changing Your Lifestyle And Shaping Up
- What sort of run training should I do before my first Olympic-distance triathlon?
- Activate Your Body’S Youth-Boosting Powers With A New, Cutting-Edge Nutrition Plan