Serves 2 to 4
2 lb. Of shrimp (or use a mix of shrimp, scallop, clams, and white fish)
1/2 lb. Of sea scallop.
4-6 leeks (white only), diced.
10 cloves of garlic, minced.
2 carrots, diced.
5 cups of tomatoes (canned)
2 tsp of jalapeno pepper, seeded.
2 cups of white wine.
3 tbsp of olive oil.
1 cup of fish stock (or water)
6 tsp of cilantro.
2 tsp of cumin 1/2 tsp cayenne 1/2 tsp cinnamon cilantro to top.
• Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a stockpot.
• Add the leeks and garlic.
• Saute until the ingredients are tender and translucent (approximately 10 minutes).
• Add the jalapeno, carrots, cumin, cayenne, and cinnamon.
• Decrease the heat to medium low and cook until the carrots are almost tender.
• Add the tomatoes, wine, and fish stock.
• Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to medium for 5 minutes.
• Stir in the shrimp or other seefood.
• Cook until the seafood stew is just cooked through.
• Top with cilantro leaves and serve.