What is the Shag Haircut?
The shag haircut is a haircut that features long, straight hair that is shaved on the sides and top. The shag haircut can be done with a number of different hair textures, so it’s perfect for anyone who wants to try a new style.
The shag haircut was popularized by actors like Tom Hanks and John Belushi in the 1970s and 1980s. It has since become a popular style for men and women of all ages.
If you’re looking for a new haircut that will turn heads, the shag haircut is definitely worth considering. You’ll look pretty amazing with this style!
Shag Haircuts Fine Hair Your Most Gorgeous Looks Photo Gallery
The History of the Shag Haircut
Historically, shag haircuts have been popular with women because they offer an easy way to add some extra volume to fine hair. The style is particularly flattering on those with round faces or small heads.
The shag trend started in the 1960s and’70s, when women were searching for ways to add a little more texture to their hair. At the time, few hairstyles offered any kind of volume, so shags were a popular choice for women with thin or fine hair.
Today, shag haircuts are still a popular choice for women who want to add some volume to their hair. They’re also a great option if you have curly or wavy hair. In fact, many people think that shag haircuts are the best type of haircut for curly hair.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add some volume to your hair, a shag haircut is definitely the right option.
How to Achieve a Shag Cut
If you’re looking for a trendy, edgy haircut that’s sure to turn heads, then a shag cut is the perfect style for you. Here’s how to achieve this look:
1) Begin by styling your hair into a high ponytail. Secure the ponytail with a band or an elastic, and then trim the ends of the hair so that they are just over 2 inches long.
2) Next, divide the hair into sections and start cutting each section straight across the grain. Be careful not to cut too close to the scalp, as this will result in bald patches.
3) Finally, give the hair a quick shaggy finish by cutting it unevenly across the top. This will give your haircut more texture and drama.
How to Maintain a Shag Cut
There’s something about shag hair that just makes you look so effortlessly stylish. If you’re feeling daring and want to try a shag haircut, here are a few tips to help keep it looking great:
1. Avoid over-processing your hair – A shag cut is all about letting your natural texture show through, so resist the temptation to go too heavy with the products. A little dry shampoo will help add volume and hold, while using a light touch with hairspray will keep your locks looking glossy.
2. Give your hair some TLC – Shaggy hair can be tough to handle, so make sure you give it the love it needs to stay looking good. Apply a conditioning treatment every week or two to keep it feeling soft and manageable. Also, avoid wearing it in hot environments – humidity can cause your hair to become frizzy and unmanageable.
3. Style for movement – Whether you’re going out for a night on the town or just hitting the grocery store, think about how you can style your shag cut in ways that will move and flow with your outfit.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- How A Hairstylist Can Help You Look Younger
- 15 Sassy Hairstyles Featuring Mandy Moore Short Hair
- 21 Refreshing Variations Of Bangs For Round Faces
- 20 Medium Natural Hairstyles For Bright And Stylish Ladies
- How Embracing Gray Hair Has Changed My Life