Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Servings: 6-10 meatballs
1 lb ground grass fed beef or ground pork 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/2 cup onion, minced 1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 egg, beaten 1/2 cup almond flour
– Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
– Prepare one baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
– In a large bowl, combine ground beef or pork, salt, minced onion and garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, beaten egg and almond flour. Mix well.
– Form mixture into meatballs. Make small or big ones, just adjust the baking time.
– Arrange meatballs in a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked.
Sicilian Meatballs Photo Gallery
m. (and not in the friendliest way). Her response: because it’s Tuesday (urine day) and she was told to make sure all patients had their urine sample containers. I then told her she had an entire 12-hour shift to distribute the containers and us moms had the entire day to pee in them. I explained how hard it is to get sleep in a hospital, and she should wait until the women were awake before distributing to any more moms. She sheepishly apologized and left my room saying she was only following orders. She did stop distributing the containers, waiting instead until the breakfast trays were delivered. After I had properly woken up (as there was no getting back to sleep after this encounter) I asked to speak to the charge nurse (head nurse). I explained to her what an average day looked like for us patients, with all the medical visits and tests, and how challenging it was to sleep in a hospital with all the bells ringing and other noises. I painted the picture of hospital life from a patient’s perspective before talking about the needless distribution of urine sample containers when women were sleeping instead of waiting two hours until the breakfast trays were distributed, which would wake the women.