Lavender Rosemary Softening Hair Rinse
3 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Cups of water
1 teaspoon of borax
1/2 cup of dried Lavender
1/2 cup of dried Rosemary
1. In a large pot, bring the water to a quick boil.
2. When the water is at rolling boil, remove the pot from the stove and stir in the Apple Cider vinegar and the borax.
3. Stir in the Lavender and Rosemary and mix until the herbs are saturated.
4. Allow the mixture to sit for two to four hours or longer – the longer it sits, the stronger the rinse will become.
5. Once the mixture turns to a caramel brownish color, drain the herbs from the liquid and pour the remaining liquid into a clean glass container.
6. Allow the mixture to steep overnight before using.
6. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator until ready to use.
This rinse can be used either alone, or after you have hair shampooed and conditioned your hair as normal. Simply pour the rinse over your hair, making sure to saturate it completely. Next, use fresh, warm water to rinse the Lavender, Rosemary, and Apple Cider Vinegar from your hair.
One caveat here, since the Lavender, Rosemary, and Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse resembles a cup of brewed tea, its natural coloring may stain your towels – so be sure to use a dark colored one to dry your hair, or at least one that you do no mind staining. If you wanted, you could simply leave the Lavender, Rosemary, and Apple Cider Vinegar in your hair and dry per usual.
Wavy Hair Styles Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- TOP PROBIOTICS
- Do you love a challenge? We talk to five women who are achieving amazing feats in the great outdoors
- Our Fitness director Lucy Pinto gets a sweat on in the latest gym tops
- Make brightly coloured and flavourful meals that harness the benefits of exotic spices
- Get The Look Sexy Sportswear