Most skin experts agree that your skin should be exfoliated twice a week. But you should try to exfoliate at least once weekly. Exfoliating improves the functional ability of the dermis and also makes the skin look and feel brighter. It removes built-up makeup and residues of cosmetic products. It also enables you to get rid of dead skin cells that are clogging the surface. Your skin will be healthier and likelihood of pimple and other blemishes will decrease.
This facial scrub nourishes while scrubbing away dirt, dead skin cells and bacteria.
1/2 cup almonds
2 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers 1/2 cup powdered milk 1/2 cup cosmetic clay
4 drops of lavender essential oil
2 drops orange essential oil
2 drops frankincense essential oil
1 drop rose geranium essential oil
1 drop roman chamomile essential oil Directions:
1. Using a clean coffee grinder and working in separate batches, grind the almonds, oats and lavender flowers. The oats and lavender flowers should be ground very fine while the almond should not be ground to powder. While grinding almonds, stop occasionally to test the texture by rubbing them between your fingers.
2. In a glass jar, combine the ground oats, almonds and lavender with milk powder and clay.
3. Add the essential oils then stir until properly combined. Store the scrub in a cool, dark place.
4. When you want to use, mix a heaping tablespoon with warm water, oil or lotion to create a paste.
5. Use gentle circular motions to massage the facial scrub into your face, avoiding the eyes and mouth.
6. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water then pat dry and apply a toner and moisturizer.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- How Can I Solve My Post-Summer Dry Skin Problem?
- Skin Care to Prevent Wrinkles, Aging Skin, and Dry Skin
- Sensational Skincare
- Preventing Skin Aging
- Gorgeous Skin Care