I use cod for this subtly flavoured dish. Small artichokes with stems intact, preserved in oil – available from good Italian delicatessens – are best for this recipe, but the hearts sold in jars are an acceptable substitute. Serve with boiled new potatoes.
1 kg thick cod fillet, skinned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper Plain flour 6 shallots
2 tablespoons olive oil 25g butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped 300ml dry white wine 175ml fish stock 225g oyster mushrooms
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley 6 small artichokes in oil
Small handful basil leaves
Cut the cod into 5cm pieces and remove any bones; dredge with seasoned flour. Peel the shallots, and cut in half, keeping the root intact to hold them in shape. Heat the oil and butter in a deep saute pan and, when the foaming subsides, add thefish and cook until golden all over. Remove to a plate.
Add the shallots to the pan and cook until browned. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and stock, and add the mushrooms, bay leaf and parsley. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Cut artichokes in half. Slice the lemon thinly. Add fish and artichokes to sauce; lay the lemon slices on top. Cover, and cook gently for 10-15 minutes. Shred the basil, and add to the stew just before serving
FISH STEW WITH ARTICHOKES AND OYSTER MUSHROOMS Photo Gallery
Hey guys, Jessica love all things about fashion, never met an em dash i didn't like, and escapes whenever possible to Bay Area from my home base in LA.
- Erase the sun spots you don’t want with tools that harness the power of light.
- Bling up Your Pickles
- 8 New Hairstyles For Little Girls 2019
- 10 Best Haircuts for Women 2019
- 8 Toxin Free Nail Varnish
- 10 Popular Hairstyles For Brides With Round Faces
- 10 Top Bantu Knots Hairstyles
- 10 Best Braided Updos For Black Women
- Bayfield Ford Lincoln
- Small Bathroom Ideas – Best Designs & Decor for Small Bathrooms
- Dietitians of Canada
- Benefits Of: RED SALAK
- Benefits Of: AGAI PALM
- ASIAN PALMYRA PALM TODDY PALM NUNGU PALM
- Benefits Of: BETEL NUT ARECA PALM