Buffalo Sabres goalie Gerry Desjardins played parts of four seasons in Buffalo at the end of his career. He had played previously with Los Angeles, Chicago, and the New York Islanders, but he played more games with Buffalo than any other team. His superstition was straightforward. He always drove from his home to the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium along the same route.
Desjardins believed it only made sense to be as uniform in this aspect of game-day preparations as in the dressing room, during warm-up, or during stoppages of play. The trouble was that his personal GPS took him through streets that were sometimes a nightmare to navigate during the many and severe winter storms Buffalo is subject to, but that made little difference to the diminutive goalie. Every game, same roads.
Still, he was aware of the folly and brittle nature of superstitions. He liked to have a coffee before every game, but one time he decided not to and he still played well. The coffee superstition was no more.
GERRY DESJARDINS Photo Gallery
Hey guys, Jessica love all things about fashion, never met an em dash i didn't like, and escapes whenever possible to Bay Area from my home base in LA.
- Erase the sun spots you don’t want with tools that harness the power of light.
- Bling up Your Pickles
- 8 New Hairstyles For Little Girls 2019
- 10 Best Haircuts for Women 2019
- 8 Toxin Free Nail Varnish
- 10 Popular Hairstyles For Brides With Round Faces
- 10 Top Bantu Knots Hairstyles
- 10 Best Braided Updos For Black Women
- Bayfield Ford Lincoln
- Small Bathroom Ideas – Best Designs & Decor for Small Bathrooms
- Dietitians of Canada
- Benefits Of: RED SALAK
- Benefits Of: AGAI PALM
- ASIAN PALMYRA PALM TODDY PALM NUNGU PALM
- Benefits Of: BETEL NUT ARECA PALM