All sorts of back pain can be eased with herbal remedies. I follow the school of providing a warm treatment (a bath with essential oils or warming ointment) combined with anti-inflammatory remedies.
Home Remedies to Back pain Photos
• Apply arnica ointment – this should be your first line of treatment following an injury or strain to the back, and should be done as soon as possible. For precautions see post 68. Adults and children: apply once liberally to the painful area as long as the skin is unbroken. Repeat in a few hours if the injury was extensive.
• Apply comfrey ointment some time after the arnica ointment, or in the first place if it is an open injury. Adults and children: keep applying every few hours until there is an improvement.
• Take a hot bath with added essential oils of rosemary or lavender or wintergreen (for precautions see posts 71, 72 and 74). Adults: 5-10 drops per bath.
• Take willow bark tablets (for precautions see post 70). Adults: Take the maximum dose for a day, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, then reduce to the medium dose until the pain eases out.
Children (2-16years old): adjust the adult dose downwards, depending on the age of the child – see post 6.
• Apply the cream for muscular tension/ spasm (see box below).
CREAM FOR MUSCULAR TENSION/SPASM
• 5ml cramp bark (tincture strength 1:2)
• 20g comfrey cream To make
• Mix well.
• Transfer to a clean, dark glass jar, making sure that there are no air pockets left. Store for up to 12 months.
Adults and children: apply to the affected muscles 2-3 times a day.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- TOP PROBIOTICS
- Do you love a challenge? We talk to five women who are achieving amazing feats in the great outdoors
- Our Fitness director Lucy Pinto gets a sweat on in the latest gym tops
- Make brightly coloured and flavourful meals that harness the benefits of exotic spices
- Get The Look Sexy Sportswear