Sayer Music Ltd ………
Un-showy blues rock with mighty female vocals
Much blues-rock is much the same as much other blues-rock, with nothing to distinguish it or leave a lasting memory. This live set avoids that problem via the mighty voice of Charlotte Joyce, which has power and soul to burn. It’s deployed on a mix of well-known covers (Nutbush City Limits, a blistering take on Hendrix’s Fire) and a few originals. The four piece band, with Joyce also playing keys, is solid, and Sayer contributes some decent solos and lead vocals, but it only really flies when Joyce sings.
As with many live albums, tracks are stretched out to accommodate extensive soloing, and sometimes they wear out their welcome, which is a pity as when the band play tight and short they can generate a groove that gets the listener moving too, with Sean Costello’s Anytime You Want a notable example. That said, there’s little of the tiresome showing off that some bands indulge in, rather a more considered approach that serves them well. The original Time For Goodbye is a powerful and intense piece that benefits from this.
The album is unlikely to convert anyone, but if blues-rock is your thing then it is a very worthwhile addition to your collection, and catching them live should be high on your to do list. Jeremy Searle
Hey guys, Jessica love all things about fashion, never met an em dash i didn't like, and escapes whenever possible to Bay Area from my home base in LA.
- Erase the sun spots you don’t want with tools that harness the power of light.
- Bling up Your Pickles
- 8 New Hairstyles For Little Girls 2019
- 10 Best Haircuts for Women 2019
- 8 Toxin Free Nail Varnish
- 10 Popular Hairstyles For Brides With Round Faces
- 10 Top Bantu Knots Hairstyles
- 10 Best Braided Updos For Black Women
- Bayfield Ford Lincoln
- Small Bathroom Ideas – Best Designs & Decor for Small Bathrooms
- Dietitians of Canada
- Benefits Of: RED SALAK
- Benefits Of: AGAI PALM
- ASIAN PALMYRA PALM TODDY PALM NUNGU PALM
- Benefits Of: BETEL NUT ARECA PALM