Rosamund Grant of ‘Bambaya’ Africo-Caribbean restaurant says there are several names such as metagee, sancoche, oildown and oileen, for the variety of mixed vegetable Caribbean one-pot meals. A similar Hindu dish called aviyal is popular in Malaysia and southern India. Some of the vegetables used are common to both. Choose from yam, sweet potato, potato, plantain or green bananas, eddoes, raw mango, pumpkin, aubergine, okra, beans.
1/2 lb (750 g) mixed vegetables
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 green chillies, deseeded and diced
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
4 tablespoons desiccated coconut lh teaspoon sea salt
1 pint (600 ml) thin-medium coconut milk
Chop the vegetables into large pieces and layer in a lightly-oiled heavy saucepan, placing the hardest vegetables at the bottom, and sprinkling each layer with the mixed garlic, chillies, cumin seeds, coconut and sea salt. Pour over the coconut milk and simmer for one hour or until the vegetables are cooked.
VEGETABLES IN COCONUT SAUCE Photo Gallery
Hey guys, Jessica love all things about fashion, never met an em dash i didn't like, and escapes whenever possible to Bay Area from my home base in LA.
- Erase the sun spots you don’t want with tools that harness the power of light.
- Bling up Your Pickles
- 8 New Hairstyles For Little Girls 2019
- 10 Best Haircuts for Women 2019
- 8 Toxin Free Nail Varnish
- 10 Popular Hairstyles For Brides With Round Faces
- 10 Top Bantu Knots Hairstyles
- 10 Best Braided Updos For Black Women
- Bayfield Ford Lincoln
- Small Bathroom Ideas – Best Designs & Decor for Small Bathrooms
- Dietitians of Canada
- Benefits Of: RED SALAK
- Benefits Of: AGAI PALM
- ASIAN PALMYRA PALM TODDY PALM NUNGU PALM
- Benefits Of: BETEL NUT ARECA PALM