In this article, you will find the top 5 best leave in conditioners for curly hair, as well as pros and cons of each product. Maybe you are looking for a new hair care routine or just want to try something new!
What is Leave In Conditioner?
Leave In Conditioner (LIC) is a hair care product that is used to soften, soothe and protect the hair. It is typically applied before styling products are applied to the hair. LIC can be used on wet or dry hair and helps to keep the hair moisturized and healthy.
There are a variety of Leave In Conditioners available on the market, so it is important to choose one that will work best for your curly hair type. Some of the most popular Leave In Conditioners for curly hair include: Morroccan Oil Leave In Conditioner, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Leave In Conditioner, Curl Junkie Curly leave in conditioner, and Living Proof Refresh & Protect Leave In Conditioner.
Each of these conditioners contains different ingredients that help to protect the hair, nourish it, and add shine. It is important to experiment with different leave in conditioners until you find one that works best for your curls.
What is Leave In Conditioner?
Leave In Conditioner (LIC) is a hair care product that is used to soften, soothe and protect the hair. It is typically applied before styling products are applied to the hair. LIC can be applied to all types of hair, including relaxed, natural and permed. There are several different types of Leave In Conditioner on the market, some being more heavy duty than others. The average leave in conditioner contains the following ingredients:• Water (to make up the amount lost during the application)• Alcohol (this is a drying agent that helps remove excess water from your hair)• Glycerin (a humectant chemical that attracts moisture to the hair)• Emulsifiers (an ingredient that binds and emulsifies two or more types of ingredients together, so they can be applied as one product)Each manufacturer adds their own “secret” ingredient into their leave in conditioner to achieve a certain effect.
Best Leave In Conditioner For Curly Hair Photo Gallery
Types of Leave In Conditioner
When it comes to finding the best leave in conditioner for curly hair, you have a few different types to choose from. There are oil based conditioners, water based conditioners, and silicone based conditioners.
Oil Based Conditioners: Oil based conditioners are made with oils like olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil. They work by coating the hair and distributing moisture throughout the hair. They are good for curly hair because they keep the curls hydrated and frizz free.
Water Based Conditioners: Water based conditioners are made with water and conditioning agents like alcohol, glycerin, or peptides. They work by releasing moisture and repairing the hair shaft. They are good for curly hair because they don’t weigh the hair down and they distribute moisture evenly through the hair.
Silicone Based Conditioners: Silicone based conditioners are made with silicone compounds and conditioning agents. They work by binding to the surface of the hair and releasing moisture. They are good for curly hair because they keep the curls bouncy and frizz free.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Leave In Conditioner?
One of the most popular types of leave in conditioners are those that are specifically designed for curly hair. While there are many different brands and types of curl-enhancing leave in conditioners, here are some of the best ones:
1. Wen by Chaz Dean Curl Enhancer Leave In Conditioner
This leave in conditioner is a lightweight, water-based formula that is ideal for curly hair. It has a deep conditioning effect that helps to keep curls hydrated and healthy-looking. Additionally, it has a light fragrance that is refreshing and not overpowering.
2. Bumble and bumble Curl Boosting Leave In Conditioner
This leave in conditioner offers heavy conditioning for curly hair, helping to restore moisture, shine, and elasticity. It also features a “curly power” complex that helps to boost curls while reducing frizziness. Finally, it has a light scent that is not too overpowering.
3. Moroccanoil Curl Definition Leave In Conditioner
This heavyweight leave in conditioner is perfect for those with thick curly hair. It contains natural ingredients like argan oil and coconut oil, which help to moisturize and nourish curls while enhancing definition.
How to Apply.
There is no one right way to apply a leave-in conditioner to curly hair. Some people prefer to work the conditioner into their hair before spraying it with a misting device, while others use a brush. Experiment until you find a method that works best for you.
Some things to keep in mind when applying a leave-in conditioner include:
– Choose one with ingredients that will nourish and protect your curls.
– Apply the conditioner generously, starting at the ends of your hair and working your way up.
– Use a light misting spray to distribute the conditioner throughout your hair.
Different Ways to Use Leave In Conditioner
There are countless ways to use leave in conditioners, so it’s important to find one that will work best for your curly hair. Whether you have dry curls or frizzy curls, here are four different ways to use a leave in conditioner:
1. Apply liberally to wet hair and let sit for five minutes. Rinse well and proceed with your hair styling routine.
2. Apply leave in conditioner to damp hair and style as usual.
3. Blowdry your hair straight and then apply leave in conditioner generously to the roots. Secured with a bandanna, leave the conditioner in for two hours or overnight. Shampoo out the next day and enjoy soft, shiny curls!
4. Mask your curls with a leave in conditioner before going to bed. Section off your curls, evenly distribute the product throughout the sections, wrap your head with plastic wrap, and go to sleep. Wake up in the morning and shampoo out the product. Your curls will be soft, shiny, and full of life!
Different Types of Conditioners
There are many different types of leave-in conditioners, each with its own benefits. Here are four of the best for curly hair:
1. Argan oil leave-in conditioner. This formula is made with argan oil, a natural ingredient that helps to keep hair soft and shiny. It also has antibacterial and anti-frizz properties.
2. Coconut oil leave-in conditioner. This formula is packed with coconut oil, which is known for its conditioning properties and ability to help restore moisture levels.
3. Wheat protein Leave-In Conditioner. ThisConditioner is made with wheat protein, which helps to boost hair growth and restore shine.
4. Honey & avocado leave-in conditioner. This formula is enriched with honey and avocado oils, which help to nourish hair and create a shiney finish.
If you have curly hair, it’s important to find the best leave-in conditioner for curly hair. Not all leave-in conditioners are created equal and some can actually damage your locks. To help you find the perfect leave-in conditioner for your curls, we’ve compiled a list of three of our favorite products. With these three options in hand, you can be sure that your curls will stay healthy and hydrated all day long!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- What Is The Best Way To Get Thicker Hair?
- 5 Ways To Use Collagen For A Healthy, Lustrous Hair
- Difference Between Partial And Full Highlights
- New Braiding Styles That Are Trending
- Curly Girl Method: 5 Best Tips For Tight Hair